Come & See

The last 2 months have been spent doing camp in Mozambique, preparing for upcoming camps and events, and spending some special time with Ashley's family in addition to our weekly ministries and discipleship.

Mozambique Missions Trip


The trip to Mozambique went great. We had 60 campers who came from Trichard School and 10 trusted in Christ Jesus as their personal Saviour. The theme for camp was “come and see”. The speakers were me, two of our alumni, Paulo and Xolani, and Pastor Thiago who partners with Word of Life Mozambique. At the end of camp at we have the campers work together with their team to present a song on what they have learned from camp. The teams always do great in presenting their song to other campers. When school re-opens, Miss Wilma, one of the teachers we work with, would ask the students who went to camp to present their songs at assembly to the whole school. I wanted to share one of the song’s lyrics with you. Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1

Come and see, the One that took the place that I was meant to be

The living water that supplies all my thirst

The one with endless and unconditional love that’s all for me

Come and see, come and see

Chorus

O behold, now that you’ve been told

O behold, we have heard of Him

O behold, He’s the living Son of God

And now we live for Him

Verse 2

Come and see, the Son of God who came to earth to save us all

He’s three in One and He makes me feel whole

The bread of life that give us all the joy that we could ever want

Come and see, come and see

You can watch the song here and the camp highlights video here.

I love these lyrics because it is the gospel and they get the opportunity to share the song with their peers at school. It’s a song that they can continue to praise the Lord with and be reminded of who he is and what he has done for them. Camp is all about to sharing the truth of who God is and encouraging young people to live for God and encourage each other as they share what God is doing in their lives.


Prison Ministry

After a while of not being able to do prison ministry, God has provided the opportunity to go again to do prison ministry at Walter Sisulu, a juvenile prison. This is one of the ministries that is close to my heart because I would have been in that situation when I was young but thankfullyI had my Dad who fought for me and tried to get me away from bad influences. When I trusted Jesus as my personal Saviour I wanted to share the gospel to the guys who faced the same battles as me when I was growing up because I knew that God was the only one who could change us from the inside out. Please join me in prayer as I go to Walter Sisulu as I build relationships and seek to be intentional with sharing Christ with the guys. This time I have the opportunity to share with the girls too who are there every second week. The other exciting thing is that I get to share the gospel with the care takers as well the because they need to be present with the teens as I share. Pray that they too will take the opportunity to listen to what I say to the teens and that they would trust in Christ as their personal Saviour too.
We are thankful for the time we had with Ashley's
parents as they visited us in April/May

Thank you for continuing to be a part of our journey and a part of what God is doing here in South Africa. We are so thankful for your care, love and support. You are a blessing to us.

Please pray...

- Upcoming Women of Worth Conference (June 3)

- For Michelle (the newest member of our team) as she adjusts to life in South Africa

-Upcoming Satellite Camp in Potchefstroom (June 16-18)

-Upcoming Satellite Camp in Putfontein (June 23-30)

- For Ashley to recive her visa

-Preparation for group of about 30-40 teens coming from the US for a missions trip (July 6-15)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camps, conferences, missions & everything in between

There & Back Again

Ending the Year Right